Morning reading: Jimmy Rollins, Manny Ramirez & baseball’s best promo giveaways
Other items of interest:
- Philadelphia Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins and manager Ryne Sandberg seem to have some communication issues, MLB.com‘s Todd Zolecki noted yesterday.
- Manny Ramirez told Ken Rosenthal that he still hopes to return to Major League Baseball and believes he could fill a Raul Ibanez-type role for a team.
- Jesse Spector reviewed all 30 MLB teams’ promotional calendars and has the rundown of each team’s best promo date at The Sporting News. The Mets’ best giveaway? May 10th when they hand out a Nolan Ryan bobblehead. The Yankees? July 21st’s Derek Jeter figurine.
- The U.S. Mint will release special commemorative coins honoring the Baseball Hall of Fame on March 27th.
Finally, today’s off-topic item:
- Orphan Black is the best show on television that you’re probably not watching. Season 2 will begin on April 19th on BBC America, and on Thursday, Entertainment Weekly published an exclusive video introducing a new character.
You can follow Paul’s Random Baseball Stuff on Facebook or Google+, see my photos on Flickr and Instagram, and follow @Paul_Hadsall on Twitter, where I talk about about a variety of things in addition to baseball.
Posted on March 14, 2014, in Baseball, Trenton Thunder and tagged Baseball, Jimmy Rollins, Manny Ramirez, Orphan Black, Trenton Thunder. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Morning reading: Jimmy Rollins, Manny Ramirez & baseball’s best promo giveaways.