Let’s make some deals
September signals the end of the baseball season. It also inspires me to want to organize the assorted baseball cards, pocket schedules and other odds and ends I’ve accumulated over the past six or seven months.
Above, you are looking at a corner of my desk that I haven’t gotten to yet. I would like there to be less baseball cards in the house than there are now. I would also like the ones that stick around to be cards that I am actually interested in. Who wants to help out?
Let’s make some trades this month.
- If you’ve got some favorites player(s) that you collect, I’ll probably be happy to send you whatever cards I’ve got. (There won’t be any autographs, relics or rare serial-numbered cards in the mix, but you could end up with some nice inserts or rookie cards.) I’ll show you what you are getting, and you can decide if you you want the cards and what you think is a fair trade.
- Have a favorite team that you collect? I can probably send you a lot of anywhere between 50 and 200 cards from the 1980s to 2013. (This will take a little longer – my cards are sorted by player – and may not include certain stars if someone asked for them already.) I’ll give you an approximate count, but once I pull a team lot, you are going to get it — I don’t want to sort them back into the boxes again.
- Working on a set from 2002-2013? I’ll take a look to see what I might have to help you, as long as your wantlist includes player names (remember, my cards are sorted by player, not set/year.) Also, if by some odd chance you are building a 1989 or 1990 Bowman set, a 1988, 1989 or 1990 Score set, or a 1982, 1987, 1989, or 1991 Fleer set, feel free to send a numerical want list – I can probably help you out a lot.
What do I collect?
- Cards on my wantlists (posted in the sidebar on the left if your’re viewing my blog on a computer; scroll down if you’re using a mobile device and don’t see them on the left.)
- Baseball autographs (have any extra cards you got signed at a ballpark this summer? get any extras back in your through-the-mail requests? They are welcome here, regardless of how obscure the player might be.)
- Gary Carter baseball cards (I’m just looking for ones that were produced after he retired – I already have almost everything that came out while he was playing.)
- Minor league team sets (complete or near complete)
- Jose Reyes Marlins or Blue Jays cards
- R.A. Dickey Blue Jays cards
- Assorted Mets cards.
I’ll take pretty much any of the above – my goal is to make room in my card boxes so I can finish cleaning off my desk, so you don’t even have to worry about matching quantity. Just send me something that you think I’d like.