So you’re saying there’s a chance….
For one night at least, everything went right in Mets-land.
- Michael Conforto went 4-for-4 with a walk in his second major league game.
- Kelly Johnson made a good first impression in his Mets debut by going 2-for-6 with a home run.
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis also went 4-for-4, driving in four of the Mets’ 15 runs.
- Lucas Duda hit a pair of home runs, offering hope that he’s returning to his April & May All-Star candidate form.
- Daniel Murphy went 2-for-4, including a home run
- Matt Harvey went 2-for-4 with a pair of RBIs… oh, and he pitched a pretty good game too.
It’s fun to watch your team score 15 runs on 21 hits in a single night instead of taking a whole week to reach those totals. Imagine if Terry Collins issued that “hit or sit” ultimatum a little bit sooner.
The Mets have a tougher challenge awaiting them today. Zack Greinke hasn’t given up a run since June 13th… but maybe, just maybe, the Mets can be the team to put an end to his scoreless innings streak.
And maybe, just maybe, they can find enough offense on a consistent basis to get their amazing starting rotation to the postseason where anything can happen.
It might take something on the order of a minor miracle, but after games like last night’s it’s easier to believe.
Posted on July 26, 2015, in Baseball, New York Mets and tagged Baseball, Daniel Murphy, Kelly Johnson, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Lucas Duda, Matt Harvey, Mets, Michael Conforto, New York Mets, Terry Collins. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.